Te Tohu Whaioranga Hautūtanga
Recipients of the Te Tohu Whaioranga Hautūtanga can receive up to $5,000 paid as an educational grant, with the aim of encouraging excellence in leadership.
Te ORA and PHARMAC welcome nominations for this award which seeks to:
- recognise our Tauira Rata (Māori Medical Students) for demonstrated excellence in leadership during the year,
- acknowledge our Tauira Rata outstanding contributions to the community,
- celebrate our Tauira Rata achievements.
- Identify as Māori.
- Be currently enrolled at the University of Otago or the Auckland University Medical Schools.
- Be a current financial member of Te ORA (Māori Medical Practitioners Association).
- Be a current financial member of Te ORA
- Provide supporting information of how the nominee meets the awards criteria no more than 250 – 300 words.
- Submit nominations no later than 5pm, Friday 14th January 2019.
All nominations will be considered by Te ORA Awards Committee whose decision is final. The recipient will be advised no later than 20th January 2019. The award be presented at the Te ORA Hui-ā-Tau by PHARMAC and Te ORA representatives.
(It is expected that the recipient will attend the Hui-ā-Tau Awards Dinner 2019 to receive their award. Te ORA will cover the costs of registration and travel to Hui-ā -Tau).
Nomination for is attached as a word and PDF document.